- Respond to the following questions in your notebook
- Respond to the discussion questions by creating a blog post on OYSTER Academy (formerly For Love of Education). I have sent an invitation. You will need to accept the invitation sent to the address associated with your WordPress.com site.
- Read To Kill a Mockingbird, chapters 9 and 10.
- Select at least two incidents from today’s reading that reveal aspects of Boo Radley’s character. Explain what these incidents reveal and provide evidence from the text to support your answer.
- Consider Jem’s behavior in today’s reading. What specific incidents and lines of dialogue in chapters 7–8 reveal aspects of Jem’s behavior? Be sure to carefully explain your thinking.
- On page 73, Scout reflects, “Jem and I were burdened with the guilt of contributing to the aberrations of nature, thereby causing unhappiness to our neighbors and discomfort to ourselves.” What does this line reveal about Scout? Carefully explain your reasoning.
- What does the fire at Miss Maudie’s house reveal about the town of Maycomb? Provide at least three pieces of evidence from the text and carefully explain your thinking.
- How does author Harper Lee balance humor and serious topics in this book? How does Lee use Scout’s narration and perspective to create humor